Last Modified: October 29th, 2020.
In order to provide the greatest possible protection of your privacy, we of course observe the data protection regulations in accordance with the German data protection law and other complementary laws.
In addition, please review our website Terms and Conditions of Service which govern your use of our website.
Purpose of data collection
Your personal data, such as name, address, postal address, telephone number, etc. are saved by us if you provide these to us or if it is necessary to enter them. This takes place in particular a service that we arrange but also to take part in competitions, to subscribe to a newsletter and to participate in an opinion survey. By providing the data you agree to their storage. Your data is treated confidentially in accordance with data protection regulations.
If you agree, for example as part of a newsletter subscription, that your data can be used to provide advertising and offers, then this is stored and processed for this purpose by us or a company contracted by us which is specifically bound to data protection as part of the data processing. Personal data is not passed on to third parties.
Revocation and right to see data
You are entitled to revoke your consent to personal data being used for advertising purposes via e-mail to email@example.com. We shall cease forwarding advertising, including our catalogue, and/or no longer pass on your data for advertising purposes immediately after receipt of your revocation.
You are entitled on request and free of charge to receive information about your data which has been stored.
Moreover, you have the right for your data to be corrected, deleted or made inaccessible. Deletion may in some circumstances not be possible for legal reasons, in particular concerning data for invoicing and accounting. The data will be deleted as long as their storage is not necessary for the reasons named above. In addition, you can reject the storage of your personal data at any time, as long as no contractual or legal reasons prevent this. You should send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications of other providers which are not covered by the data protection declaration. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third-party websites and we have no influence whether their operators abide by the data protection regulations. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Please note that we also do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
If you are based in the United States, you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website at http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
If you are based in the European Union, you may visit the website of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EIDAA”) at https://www.edaa.eu as well as of the European Advertising Standards Alliance (“EASA”) at http://www.easa-alliance.org.
The information we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, social media profile information, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your mobile device’s unique ID number, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your location, interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, and services, such as the buttons, controls, products and ads you click on, pages of our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we collect your personal information
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- contact us through our “Contact Us” or “First to know” online forms;
- subscribe to our e-newsletter; or
- request marketing to be sent to you.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal information about you from various third parties [and public sources] such as Technical Data from the following parties: analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU and advertising and affiliate networks such as Google based inside and outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Fashion Monitor inside the EU and from your social media accounts when you choose (as applicable) to follow, like, subscribe to, or send us a message from, our social media company page on social networking sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, or Tweeter, based outside the EU.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
You only receive the Panaprium newsletters upon explicit request. If you want us to stop sending you our newsletter, you can cancel the subscription at any time via the link “unsubscribe” that is contained within every newsletter.
Panaprium has taken the necessary technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data that you provide from loss, destruction, manipulation or unauthorized access.
In order to ensure secure data transmission between your web browser and our internet system, we use SSL (=secure socket layer) encryption technology.
Cookies are used by website operators, for example to see if you are entitled to see the requested information on a website.
You do not need to make any special settings on your browser in order for cookies to be stored on your computer. Your browser automatically accepts cookies in the standard settings and stores these, for example in an archive entitled “Temporary Internet Files” since they do not represent any security risk.
By accepting cookies, these remain on your computer for the period of 10 years, unless they are deleted during this time. However, please note that by disabling cookies the use of the website and the services offered might be restricted.
Counting pixels are only used by us for statistical purposes in order to count anonymous access figures. We can thus see in later evaluations which web pages are used by our visitors and which actions have been carried out by them.
We do not use your IP address with the intention of identifying you personally but to collect data, including on internet traffic. This data is evaluated by our service partners Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/).
Use of Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
You may refuse the data collection and storage at any time with effect for the future. The following plug-in can be used: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Our website uses the anonymization function of Google Analytics. IP addresses are only saved and processed in a shortened form so that they cannot be connected to an individual person.
User generated content
We welcome your posts and believe others would benefit from seeing them on our website and Social Media channels (Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram).
By using the hashtag #panaprium or tagging us with @panaprium, you will be giving Panaprium, its subsidiary and associated companies permission to make use of your posts on the following terms and conditions. However, if you do not agree to these terms and conditions, we completely understand and you should not use the hashtag or tag us.
1) You represent and warrant that you are the sole owner of the photo/comments/text/video (as applicable), hereafter called the “content”, and that no-one else can claim ownership of any part of the content, and any use by Panaprium will not infringe the rights of any third party.
2) You grant Panaprium a non-exclusive and non-revocable commercial right to reproduce the content in any form (including, but not limited to, video, internet posting, reproduction, display, email, publication, and distribution), either through our own services or services provided by third parties, throughout the world in any medium now known or later developed and without restriction or limitation.
3) You agree that your content may be used by Panaprium to create derivative works either alone or in conjunction with sketches, cartoons, captions, films, art work, textural matter or other photographs.
4) You agree that your permission for Panaprium to use your content is not contingent upon Panaprium giving you credit for such content.
5) You waive any right to inspect and/or approve the finished work incorporating the content that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which said finished work may be applied.
6) You waive any rights and claims to royalties or payments of any kind with regards to your content or our finished work.
7) Where content contains any image of a person other than yourself, you confirm that you have obtained the permission of that other person (in case of minors of all parents of legal guardians) to release the content to Panaprium on the terms of this Permission To Use Content Agreement. Panaprium accepts no liability whatsoever for any failure on your part to obtain prior permission.
8) You agree that if any part of this Agreement is deemed to be invalid under any statute or rule of law, then the relevant part only shall be omitted, and the remainder of this Permission to Use Content Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement shall be governed by German Law.
We share your personal information within our company. This will involve, if you are based in the European Union, transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Many of our external third parties are also based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
If you are based in the European Union, whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission. For further details, see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en
- Where we transfer your personal information to our corporate affiliates in the United States or use certain service providers based outside the EEA, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer information to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/eu-us-privacy-shield_en
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Use of Twitter plug-ins
Our website also contains social plug-ins (“plug-ins”) of the Twitter social network, which is operated by Twitter Inc, 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA (“Twitter”). You can recognize the Twitter plug-in from the bird symbol and the word “tweet”.
When you display a website page containing such a plug-in, a direct connection is made between your browser and the Twitter servers. The content of the plug-in is transmitted directly from Twitter to your browser and displayed by the browser on the web page.
Through the integration of the plug-in, Twitter receives the information that you have visited our website. If you are logged into Twitter at the time that you use one of the plug-ins, Twitter can link this visit to your account. If you interact with the plug-ins, for example by clicking on the tweet button, this will be transmitted from your browser directly to Twitter and saved there.
If you are not a Twitter member or have logged out of Twitter before visiting our website, there is still the possibility that Twitter can identify and store your IP address.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Twitter, as well as your rights and settings options to protect your privacy can be seen in the Twitter data protection policy: https://twitter.com/privacy.
If you are a Twitter member and do not want Twitter to collect data about you via our website and to link it with data saved by Twitter, then you must log out from Twitter before visiting our website and delete the saved cookies.
Our website incorporates functions of the Instagram service. These functions are offered through Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA. If you are logged into your Instagram account, you can link the content of our website with your Instagram profile by clicking on the Instagram button. Instagram can thus assign the visit to our website to your user account. Please note that, as provider of the website, we do not receive any information about the content of the transmitted data or their use by Instagram.
Further information on this can be found in Instagram’s privacy statement.
If you are a Instagram member and do not want Instagram to collect data about you via our website and to link it with data saved by Instagram, then you must log out from Instagram before visiting our website and delete the saved cookies.
Our website uses social plugins of the Pinterest social network, which is operated by Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA (“Pinterest”). When you call up a website that includes a plugin of this type, your browser establishes a direct connection with Pinterest’s servers. The plugin transfers protocol data to Pinterest’s servers in the USA. These protocol data may contain your IP address, the address of websites visited which also contain Pinterest functions, the browser type and settings, date and time of the inquiry, the way you use Pinterest, and cookies.
If you are a Pinterest member and do not want Pinterest to collect data about you via our website and to link it with data saved by Pinterest, then you must log out from Pinterest before visiting our website and delete the saved cookies.
On these web-pages plug-ins of the social network facebook.com are used, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”).
When you view a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, a connection is made to the Facebook servers and the plug-in is displayed on the page via a message to your browser. Information is transmitted to the Facebook server about which of our web pages you have viewed. If you are logged in to Facebook at the time, this information is sent to your personal Facebook user account. By using the plug-in functions (e.g. by clicking on the ‘like’ button or making a comment), this information is also sent to your Facebook account. You can only prevent this by logging out before using the plug-in.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook, as well as your rights and settings options to protect your privacy can be seen in the Facebook data protection policy: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
If you are a Facebook member and do not want Facebook to collect data about you via our website and to link it with your membership data saved by Facebook, then you must log out from Facebook before visiting our website and delete the saved cookies.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you.
This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any company outside our company for marketing purposes, including service providers who perform marketing services on our behalf, such as conducting surveys, sending communications to you on our behalf, or serving advertisements to you.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panaprium digital properties contain links to 3rd party brands and retailers with which we have an affiliate marketing relationship. Tracking links and cookies are used to identify users on Panaprium properties who subsequently make purchases on partner websites, in order to charge those partners commission on sales referred from Panaprium. The following data may be processed by Panaprium:
- Unique Transaction ID
- Date / time
- Purchase order ID
- Purchase amount
- Purchase currency
- Unique click ID
- IP address
The Panaprium affiliate network and its data processing is designed to ensure accordance with applicable laws, including EU Data Protection Legislation, and with due respect for the rights and freedoms of individuals whose Personal Data is processed.
You can opt-out of this tracking by disabling this function in your browser.
Panaprium uses a third party technology called Ezoic. For more information about this organization and to change your privacy content settings, visit https://g.ezoic.net/privacy/panaprium.com
Disclosures of your personal information
We may also have to share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers acting as processors based in Germany and the U.S., who provide IT and system administration services.
- Social networking sites acting as processors based in the United States to which you have linked your account. Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in Germany and the U.S. who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Regulators and other government authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in Germany and the U.S., who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Our partners as necessary to facilitate your participation in any of our events that you have registered to attend.
- Marketing partners that you consent to us sharing your personal information with. Please see "Marketing" for further information. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law. In particular, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for purposes of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or to comply with a legal process.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Data protection declaration
Panaprium commits itself to observe the data protection topics mentioned above in the manner described.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Should you have further questions about data protection, please visit our contact page.