Should you slow down your yoga practice? Especially if you are new to yoga, starting slow is highly recommended. Take your time to get more aware of your body, thoughts and emotions. You will become more mindful naturally.
It does take time to build long lasting healthy habits. Lifestyle changes are not made overnight. If you are looking to succeed towards your goals, beginning slowly and building momentum makes lots of sense.
Make your yoga practice sustainable long term if you are willing to take it seriously. Aim for long-term changes that you can keep for the rest of your life. It will definitely serve you best in the long run.
While practicing yoga, do not focus only on your physical body. You should feel your best, and be happy in your own skin, mentally and emotionally as well. You can have great energy, self-image and confidence with yoga.
Whatever your goal is, you will reach success if you commit to it. Try not to push yourself too far too fast in the beginning. Let your body adapt to the changes. Be proud of yourself for being on the right path and stick to it.
Drastic methods are unhealthy and not sustainable long term. Here are the top 10 reasons to slow down your yoga practice.
Why Should You Slow Down Yor Yoga Practice?
- Even gentle and restorative yoga has amazing benefits. You will promote digestion, detoxification, respiration and hormone balance with a slow yoga practice.
- Yoga changes you from within and I recommend that you begin your transformation gently. Advance slowly and give your body time to adapt to the changes.
- Resting days are crucial to let the body repair itself. Slow down, calm down and relax to get better deep sleep.By getting rid of racing thoughts, you will sleep better.
- To improve mindfulness and self-awareness, slow down your asana practice. Reflect on what you are doing and how it serves you best. You will improve a lot faster.
- Yoga is not just physical poses. Breathing exercises and meditation are very important for a well-rounded practice. It will have positive effects on all areas of your life.
- Holding yoga postures for long periods of time is great for stretching but also much more. It is more challenging, improves balance, breathing and endurance.
- To cure aging, negative emotions, stress and anxiety, a slow yoga practice is the best. Find inner peace, calm, freedom and allow your muscles to relax.
- Restorative yoga, Yin yoga, and other slow forms of hatha yoga are very challenging at times. Not beginner friendly. This stimulates heightened mental awareness and spiritual progress.
- The more difficult it is for you to slow down, the greater the experience. So the healthier you will become mentally, physically and emotionally.
- A fast yoga asana practice challenges your body and gives you a good workout. But you will feel stronger if you take it slow. It gives you time and opportunity to connect mind and body.
These are the top 10 reasons to slow down your yoga asana practice. It is essential to not forget to breathe. You do not have to rush between different poses. Focus on taking the time to match breath and movement.
With a slower paced yoga practice, you will connect your mind with your body. Do yoga too fast and it can do more harm than good. Proper alignment is key to practice correctly and get the amazing benefits of yoga.
Prevent injury, be easy on your joints, nerves and connective tissues. Slow down to live in the present and enjoy the moment. It is the journey that matters most, not the destination.
Slowing down your yoga practice even if you are experienced. You will notice deep changes to yourself. Better mental and emotional well-being. When you feel busy and stressed, practice slowing down.
About the Author: Alex Assoune
Alex is an engineer, author, entrepreneur, and coach from France. He has a passion for learning, healthy living and helping others improve their lives. He is an advocate of personal growth and loves to teach about what he learned, to help everyone get better and reach their goals.